Miami Dade College to FAU Partnership Program
About the Program
FAU and Miami Dade College (MDC) signed an articulation agreement that gives MDC students graduating with a bachelor’s in Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology (BS EET) a unique opportunity to pursue a master’s degree in electrical engineering.
The agreement allows MDC engineering technology graduates to apply to FAU’s Master's in Electrical Engineering (MSEE) degree program and potentially complete it in one year. Students will still be required to meet all other admission requirements at FAU.
Benefits of the Program
- Students will meet the course requirements and be eligible to apply to the master’s degree in electrical engineering.
- MDC students graduate with an advanced engineering degree from FAU with in-depth knowledge in an area of specialization.
What are the Steps and Requirements for Applying to the Program?
- Completion of the BS EET at MDC with a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Completion of all required classes to meet the eligibility requirements for the FAU MSEE as listed in the curriculum. Completion of all classes listed in the curriculum does not guarantee acceptance into the MSEE degree program at FAU.
- Submission of the GRE scores (verbal & quantitative sections).
- Completion of "bridge" courses in order to meet the eligibility requirements for the MSEE at FAU. The bridge courses are not currently part of the curriculum for the BS EET degree program but are required for applying to the MSEE. These courses should be completed at FAU with a grade of "B" or higher and should include the following:
- Electromagnetic Fields and Waves (EEL 3470)
- Stochastic Models for CS (STA 4821)
- Calculus 3 (MAC 2313) - Calculus 3 taken at MDC with a grade of "B" or higher will also be accepted.
- Meet all admission requirements for the MSEE at FAU.
- Complete and submit the Program Audit Form.
How Long Does the Program Take to Complete
Students need to complete at least 30 credits for both thesis and non-thesis options of the MSEE program. The students are able to finish within one year if they are enrolled as a full-time student.